The number of characters in the field must be at least 4
Civilians attack U.N. peacekeeping convoy in eastern Congo

Civilians attack U.N. peacekeeping convoy in eastern Congo

Civilians assaulted an United Nations peacekeeping convoy in the eastern part of Democratic Republic of Congo on Tuesday evening, injuring two individuals two times, officials from the U.N. mission said on Wednesday.

It was targeted after it stopped at an Army checkpoint close to an area for internally displaced persons located in Kanyarutshinya eight kilometres (5 miles) from the city of Goma.

The crowd was gathered and hurled stone at the truck, causing the fire to some trucks as according to the U.N. mission, MONUSCO announced on Twitter. U.N. peacekeepers shot warning shots in the air before leaving the area, the tweet said.

The frustration has risen in the region this year due to an increase in the U.N. mission, which civilians claim is not doing enough to safeguard them from the escalating militia violence. Several people were killed during anti-U.N. demonstrators in July.

Fighting recommenced among the M23 rebels and Congolese army on October. 20 and has caused at least 90,000. to leave their homes since. According to the U.N. as well as the African Union have urged a reduction in violence and an immediate cease-fire,reporterd by play casino malaysia.

Our desire is that MONUSCO is removed from our country. Because we don't know the reason why they're in this country, said Jackson Fiki Kalimunda 29, 29 who fled his home in Kanyarutshinya due to the war.

On Tuesday earlier on Tuesday, on Tuesday, the U.N. announced an "strategic as well as a tactical" removal of the peacekeepers of 450 from Rumangabo which is located further north, in close proximity to Virunga Park.